Friday 5 April 2013

Education in future


Did my father (68) ever imagine of learning without books? No he did not. When I was in Bangladesh my mother used to tell me “Open the books and study, the books look so new as if you did not touch even.” But, what will I say to my next generation? May be my concerned to the next generation will be “ Hey go to online and open up the video, your lecturer is giving lecture” I might get an answer from my children like “I already put it in record mode, let me sleep now I will listen to lecture later on.” The probability is high that e-learning will boost within 2020 and the students might not go to class anymore. So what will it be in 2050? Indeed in order to imagine that we will have to think out of the box.
We can analyze the future educations in terms of two sections such as lecture and materials, Exams and Evaluation. The first section is pretty clear as we already have the opportunity of video conferencing and there has been an implementation of live e learning class. So in future, the number of physical schools will decrease and students will be able get a 24/7 class by video operations. As of now most of the developing countries are using computer only for computer studies, but in future most of the subjects will be based on computer. Nowadays, many students are using tablets, iPad and smart phones for getting information and in future the smart phone will be available to most of the students and they will be using those for learning instead of hard copies in order to be independent learners.

Description: C:\Users\DELL\Pictures\Picture1.png
Retrieved from agsc.tamu.edu/.../Future%20Trends%20in%20Education... - United States

Secondly exams and evaluation system will be based on practicality rather than theoretical  There is a probability that the students will use computer for the exams and proper monitoring system will be there to trace the students attitude in the exam hall. Moreover, there is rising matter of cancelling exams as some of the scholars believe that exam cannot evaluate students skills. The evaluation will be more on skills rather than knowledge.
However, I think that the possible educational future trend will lessen down the human interaction and would create a materialistic world. First of all as there is probability of video conference learning, the students will have less a few chance to meet and interact with the lecturer physically. This might decrease the human values and lead the society in an isolated manner. Furthermore, I really love to read hard copy books rather than the soft copy and there would be a common problem of getting hard copy resources since most of the learning materials would be web based.   

No comments:

Post a Comment